Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sealed lips

A not so while ago one of my friends and I were talking about TALKING and my friend had said to me, well I really don't like to talk on the phone with people. I would get irritated and wouldn't want to believe people like my friend and many others of that type who wouldn't want to communicate using Bell's invention.Or infact I would find it darn annonying and unbelievably haughty behavior when given this excuse that I do not like talking on the phone. Yes quite irrational as this is, it's true. Expectation that the world is just like you are, is a myth and the sooner it breaks the better would be your livelihood.

Recently though, I began to think whether we all are slowly but surely getting addicted to this useful but time consuming instrument called the phone.However soon the tides of change have brought in a new perspective to the act of communication. Well so my friend if you are reading this, I know now what pleasure therein lies when one resorts to a phone free quiet life.

Dialogues within one's brain , solitude and sealed lips that give you freedom from social norms. Freedom from fake ettiquettes and small talk. Freedom from masking and freedom from being lonely in a crowd. Freedom from being misunderstood, Freedom from being misquoted. Freedom from all things untrue and freedom from being laughed at and ridiculed. Freedom from being overestimated and freedom from being bound by anything unintelligible, least of all freedom from being blamed and freedom from being pitied.
I no longer feel the need to be connected. The need to express verbally. The need to talk......

5 comments:

Victim Of Desire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victim Of Desire said...

hmm, orkut does the trick, eh?? :)

Anonymous said...

Good One...

Anonymous said...

well, may be your friends neck aches when he speaks on phone. mine does. i hate phones. my neck aches and i get a headache. So i dont talk too long on phones.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Indeed.....
The phone...though a nice device has a limitation as it is just audio and not audio-visual. I like talking in person, as looking into eyes of the people you can tell whether they are intersted in the talk or not. Conversation on the phone can be quite decieving, but its not the phone's fault... it's just its limitation...it does its job perfectly. May be that's us... willing to reach the heart rather than just ears. When hearts are not connected...ears do not heed...mind digresses...and tongue babbles