Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Today's Carry Overs

I took the usual bus to campus and was expecting a scene on the bus. Quite evidently a man was trying to pursue a woman's attention. Perhaps a lover more likely that he was just a nobody trying to try his hand at making the woman agree to his pleas.
I was all geared up for combat incase the man tried to physically harrass the woman but my services were not needed. I was glad to be a part of this episode (No i am not a sadist!)
I was happy to see the police showing up in a matter of two minutes as the bus driver radioed them and the man being unsuccessful in his attempt to terrify the woman with his histrionics.

I had to run several errands so I was hurrying up in a jiffy.
It started pouring like crazy and I was stranded. Left with no other option except waiting for the thunder to die down and the drops to stop their merciless earth battery. On other occasions I am all for rain and storms. It is just amazing to feel the rain on bare skin and to smell the warm earth bathed in the slight spring fragrances.

Was finally able to get some stuff done that had long awaited attention. A big day lies ahead with my to do list running longer than the page itself I wonder how I will finish all I need to do. Skipped cake for a 25 years celebration of a bank employee, turned down a lunch invitation since I have so much work to do and of course gave up on my usual cup of coffee with a friend since I was tied in back to back meetings.

They would say we always have carry overs when the total is more than can fit in one unit. I wonder if my sacrifices will get carried over too and help me help myself.

1 comment:

Victim Of Desire said...

i wonder how..
i wonder why...
yesterday was everything bout the blue blue sky..
and all that I can see..
is just another lemon tree..