Friday, October 28, 2005

Just a Glimpse or two!

Just a glimpse over my shoulder ,
that's all I can afford I told her.
A beautiful fur pulled around her,
she seemed like no one had yet found her.

I waited long to meet her like now,
searching for a soul just don't know how.
Anyways there have been times when I have felt like she is the one
and then there are others when I feel I need no one.

Silken grace caressing her act
I lit up every time she tells even just a fact
the smile on her face and the twinkle in my eye,
a war of worlds I can't get by!

twenty times I tell myself not to resist,
Alone i tread the paths in mist
The mist of solitary minds and solitary heart
The mist of sadness that I'd love to part

Lovingly she makes a new start,
I gasp, I admire, I cannot my wishes thwart
I just take that glimpse and store it now
Store it forever in my heart to someday borrow

Pleasant is the day when she talked to me
Pleasant is the day when our eyes meet
Pleasant is the day when she treats me like someone special
Pleasant will be the day when I shall probably miss her

Alone I bet I don't want to not be around,
I dread the day when I'd miss her
Even then I avoid all of it,the involvement, the pain, the heartbreak and the smirk
Just a glimpse or two won't do it though, I got to do more to make myself a jerk

So I convince myself
and get more involved
Loving every reason that I've got
I still cherish every memory we make
I do love her ........ I won't fake.

3 comments:

Victim Of Desire said...

awesome...three cheers....i always tell u that u never fail to amaze me..but u know in what sense...hehe..but this really is good... :-)...teach me poetry...my life is just all hard hitting prose...

Siddharth Adelkar said...

this is good stuff.

Anonymous said...

so when did you become a poet?