Monday, March 20, 2006

Buckle up Dorothy!For Kansas is going Bye Bye........

A Break and that too a long deserved one or for someone like me who doesn't get too many of those, a most wanted break we can say.Last week happened to get about three days off.No work , no studies or rather I chose not to part- take in any of those activities, essentially a part of my identity right now.
All this rambling is just an introduction to what? well a quick 'JAUNT' as a friend names it...To Kansas ....Beautiful, serene Kansas.
Yes this was indeed the same place where they had a tornado about three days before I landed there.Severe weather expected and yeah two friends who were so busy on the day I arrived.
But they made time for me.Made good food for me.Took care that I enjoyed every moment I was there.Introduced me to their friends and in short enjoyed the break to the hilt.
Good food included a stint to a restaurant called ZEN ZERO in downtown Lawrence.Ever end up in that town.....trust me ...this place is a must visit.Affordable and delicious food.Pad Thai was awesome and what was even more interesting is all of us ate with chopsticks quite successfully and patiently.
Besides all the fun evenings and the pooling night...........the last day in Kansas City downtown stole all laurels for this trip.Built on the lines of a Spanish province Seville..........this small area of Kansas City called Plaza was charming.Colors merged with the serene landscape and beautiful statues complimented the spanish villa style buildings.
The Barnes and Noble here is wonderful.If there was one thing I didn't like about this trip was saying Goodbyes to all and especially to my dear friends.....But I guess we have to go away so we can meet again......anew , enthused and yes ever loving ...............

Will miss you a lot......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm...