Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sleep deprived & Indian food deprived succumbs to Blogging

Almost a week I had been dreaming to get a regular 8 hour beauty sleep this week. My usual quota of sleep now is somewhere between 4 to 5 hours a day. Absolutely ridiculous for I know this lack of sleep doesn’t let me function to my full potential. Nevertheless I do not mind it because I hardly have an alternative.
Finally after a hard duty night and room checks (about 200) and another grueling 4 hours working at the front desk, I finally was free to leave for the night.
Yup! It’s that unexpected freedom that sometimes appalls us more than the feeling of being tied to something.I didn’t know what to do first.
Just took a quick shower, changed, and got all dressed to go bowling with friends. Did that. Lost both the games. I hate losing a game. I don’t know why!!!!!! But yeah it was fun.
Specially one of my friend’s was exasperated with her futile attempts to master the art of successful bowling……Which can be defined as where the ball hits at least one of the ten pins. She was eventually crowned the Gutter Queen.‘The Itchy from Trichy’ was another of my friends who gave us several techniques of how to play well…..inspite of not being able to play to his fullest potential (or so he claimed)
My two other friends just commented on every single thing that they could think of and scrapped my plan of going to the Indian restaurant like nobody’s business but who cares about food when one is having sooooo much fun?????
I talked to a few friends home…..Back in India two of my school buddies are tying the knot pretty soon! It was so exciting to talk to them, find out how they met their respective sweethearts and yes also argue about why the wedding had to take place in my absence(?????? Which anyways I don’t have much of a say in)
Then we all (the 5 bowling champs) went over to a friend’s place and watched a wonderful movie ….called ‘A FEW GOOD MEN’.
It was a good movie and Tom Cruise looked amazingly smart. Jack Nicholson was probably at one of his best performances in this one.
ENJOYED IT TO THE T!
Came home late around 3 am and whoops, lay in bed counting stars……….Yes quite literally was trying to count stars on a densely cloudy night…….The moon looked awesome though. Called home, and then called some folks over in Mumbai.
It was good to talk so freely, since I finally have a break. But guess what….the spring break hasn’t even started and I am getting even lesser sleep that before………..Had to work at 6:00 am so that means had to get ready by 5:50 am.
In short, slept an hour and a half after I finished chit chatting with my folks about this, that and the other.
Hopefully spring will bring in some good luck.
Hope to get some work done……………and loads of sleep..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had good time too...

Siddharth Adelkar said...

no blogging? long time.