Monday, February 20, 2006

Auto - Show 2006

The day had finally arrived (February 18th 2006) , unvieling the desires, overcoming the excitement..................... the final rush....the kick that acceleration sounds give us..... CHICAGO AUTO SHOW!
Probably the nation's biggest Autoshow and so far as the range of machines on display......well everything from the usual Toyota Camry to the very desirous Aston Martin and Maseretti.
With a group of 7 people it was hard keeping track of where who was, in throngs of millions in the Mc Cormick place (just over a million sq. feet of space for showcasing these beauties)
It's hard to believe what a beautifully designed car can do to your adrenaline.Yes you right.It shoots up to no bounds.
Starting the show with Ferraris and Porsches on display was almost like walking in dream county.
It hurt a hell lot not to be able to even touch these splendid speedsters , however oogling at them was not taxed.Posters were out so didn't get any of those, except one for a Volkswagen.Nevertheless, photos were good enough.Yes it is one of these events when you really love having a digital camera..............
There were SUVs, two doors, trucks, Jeeps, Bikes (wish they'd let us ride them though) and yeah a lot lot many concept cars.Concept cars are more or less like dream cars.They are still in their conception stage, new ideas are incorporated and functionality is honed till they actually arrive in the market for a fair share in the consumer trade.
Oogling at the beauties got a little boring after a while.Yes coming from an ardent car lover, this sounds pathetic, but what should I say afterall human heart is sensitive to disappointments more than it is to moments of happiness.Sheer joy of seeing a car leads to a myriad other wants ; namely; being able to afford a luxury like a BMW convertible two door, or a Infiniti Coupe.Nah that's hard to surpass the reality that probably it will be until eternity till I am able to get one of those.Yeah there are short cuts like some of my friends were talking about..............Marrying a guy who has one of these.But then again it's an ego hassle......No marry for money , honey............
Anyways so after much ado and a lot of heart ache, I managed to curb the desire of taking one of those beauties with me.Simple reason (not that I don't have money) I don't have a driving license yet.
One of the most exciting things I have done in the U.S of A so far....................
A thrill, a rush a kick unknown,
cars aplenty owners unknown,
designers unnamed, companies pride
I wish all these memories always dwell by my side!!

3 comments:

Victim Of Desire said...

yup...good times!!

Anonymous said...

I know it was depressing... but what I found joy in in the mean time was posing in front of these hotties and clicking snaps of myself. I also got a chance to sit in some of them and mimic driving them.. was fun. But I tell u still, i believe that the fastest way to get one of these babies is to marry a dude who has it!!

SAL said...

Glad to know, u r also a car-lover like me. And truly concept cars can just b dreamt of.