Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sympathy No More


Every year the time of the year when I feel so low, lower than dust sometimes, has arrived finally.
14 th February, a day they say to show your love.A day they say when you express your deepest feelings for someone you care for.
Well for me every year in the past and this one too, this day hasn't brought much luck.
Of course there have been friends who shower their love and gifts too.Yes in that aspect I am not totally abandoned, do get to experience minimal human affection.
However , like a close friend of mine would comment.....The constant 'petting' that I need sometimes is on a very low supply chain.
I am an attention seeking, affection wanting, love demanding individual but I ask no one's sympathy.
Well I may be standing on the shore of an ocean and stretching my arms wide open to embrace every single lovely human being that I think is worth sharing my time with,
but if you disagree which you might and have the right too, my only request is .......No more sympathies I bequeth.
I dislike every minute when friends say , hey what are you doing this V - D....and then they sort of stop short of completing their question.I wonder what stops them? Guilt, mockery or even worse sarcasm.....intending on hey what could she do, poor her doesn't have anyone in her life right now.
Well to these and others who show this sympathetic approach, I don't care ....I am happy the way I am. I live like a queen and enjoy my freedom.
I live in earnest that someday I will meet the man of my dreams and then again Valentine's won't be any different for to me it's just another day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

yatzgad said...

Frankly man...V-D has been hyped to death!
Also, the grass it greener on the other side (or better, for those who smoke it).
Man! I'm laughing like a nutcase at my own joke...that aside.

You should prolly see Munnabhai MBBS and gid a "jadu ki jhappi" from some friends;))

As he aptly says in a dialogue "Apun teri ijjat ka falooda karne ke liye apni life ki maa bhen nahi kar sakta hai".
That's l'affaire de coeur for you.