Wednesday, April 19, 2006

DO YOU FEEL LIKE THIS?

IF YOU SAY 'YES, EXACTLY LIKE HOW I FEEL'; THEN................
YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR EXPECTATIONS/ BELIEFS...........THESE ARE IRRATIONAL BELIEFS.IF YOU AGREE YOU FEEL IN A PARTICULAR MENTIONED WAY THEN DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU GET DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DO NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!

1. It is absolutely necessary for me to be loved and approved of by nearly everybody
2. I must be thoroughly competent & adequate in all respects or I am worthless
3. Certain people are bad and wicked and must be punished and blamed
4. If things are not the way I like them, then it is a terrible catastrophe
5. Unhappiness is caused by external events over which I have no control.
6. Some things are terribly dangerous and life threatening, so I must keep thinking about them most of the time
7. It is easier to avoid difficulties and responsibilities than to face them
8. I am not able to do things myself; I must find somebody stronger on whom I can rely
9. I should be very upset over other people’s problems and disturbances
10. What happened to me in the past determines what I do and think now, and because some event was traumatic in the past, it will be traumatic now
11. There is always and right and precise solution to human problems, and if that is not found, I must be very upset

SINCERE SUGGESTION .........BE REALISTIC........RECONSTRUCT FALSE OR IRRATIONAL BELIEFS AND LIFE WILL SMILE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is real? so then what is reality check?

28112 said...

@ anonymous...... real is something that you percieve.Hence reality check is what you would qualify as real.If you have no conflicts in your mind ....then there doesn't actually exist a need to combat the conflict.

Siddharth Adelkar said...

well, i think you are entering dangerous grounds with giving a definition of reality that audaciously.

"real is something you preceive" is a very bold statement. you might want to reconsider that.

but the points mentioned are a good checklist. i might use them in disillusioning times. thank you.

Siddharth Adelkar said...

point no. 8, however is highly frequent in women. i am a feminist so i dont find it heartening to observe that either. but just an observation.

SAL said...

Good piece of advice, will def take it as & wen I need it in life :)

Anonymous said...

Ellis rocks!!! Do u study psychology?

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»